Learn how to work with an assortment of different materials and techniques while following detailed step-by-step instructions to recreate the fan and floral headdress. This workshop is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to create your own future designs.
This headdress design is a beginner level design — no prior experience necessary. This class builds on the base created in the Headdress Base Workshop. Use your new headdress for costumes, festivals, concerts, special events, body paint competitions, photo shoots, and more.
In this class you'll learn:
- How to create a finished headdress
- Glitter application on foam and wood surfaces
- How to apply trim
- Securing decorative pieces with hot glue
- Techniques for attaching chains
- Professional tips, dos and don'ts in headdress making
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
You'll receive a printable PDF file of the following:
- Step-by-step written instructions for how to decorate the headdress
- links to all materials, glues and tools
DURATION: 2 hours 10 minutes
This class does not cover how to create the headdress base. Learn how to make the base in the Headdress Base Workshop.
These ready-made kits are available to order on Etsy.
- Pre-Made Headdress Base - Peacock Style
- Materials Kit for Headdress Base
- Materials Kit for Headdress Decorations
If you would like to take a live workshop please go to Anja's Eventbrite page.
- STEP-BY-STEP REFERENCE SHEET
- Sharpen the dowels (2:02)
- Paint the floral foam (3:20)
- Paint the dowels (4:42)
- Apply hot glue onto the bottom of the fans (3:58)
- Apply glitter onto the base (8:41)
- Apply glitter onto the dowels (5:25)
- Apply topcoat onto the glitter base (2:59)
- Apply glitter onto the fans (6:42)
- Apply trim onto the base (8:01)
- Apply black trim onto the fans (5:36)
- Apply red pearls onto the fans (9:26)
- Place dowels into the floral foam (6:24)
- Secure dowels with hot glue (5:03)
- Chains - right side (18:42)
- Chains - left side (10:04)
- Attach fans onto the base (4:22)
- Attach florals onto the front (8:05)
- Attach florals onto the back (6:25)
- Attach floral berries onto the base (2:54)
- Apply red fine glitter onto the red flower petals (4:02)
Hi, I’m Anja!
I’m an artist dedicated to bringing color and sparkle to everyday life with my custom work.
Through beauty makeup, body paint, and headdresses, I find joy in helping others feel beautiful and confident.
My fine art paintings are tuned to the positive energy in a space and are designed to enhance a room with the right colors.
As your art mentor and instructor, I’m here to help you succeed.
Behind-The-Scenes of a Live Headdress Workshop
This Headdress Workshop was held at ACE (Austin Convention for Entertainers) on September 16th, 2019 - Austin, TX