Learn how to work with a wide range of materials and intricate techniques while following detailed, step-by-step instructions to recreate the gold and horns headdress. This workshop is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to create your own future designs as well as to work with more challenging materials and glues.
This headdress design is an advanced level design - if you are new to headdress-making, I highly recommend starting with my Beginners Fan & Floral Workshop. This class builds on the base created in the Headdress Base Workshop. Use your new headdress for costumes, festivals, concerts, special events, body paint competitions, photo shoots, and more.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Apply trim
- Create a design loaded with details
- Create a finished headdress
- Create visual balance with different elements and colors
- Professional tips, dos and don'ts in headdress-making
- Secure decorative pieces with hot glue, E-6000 & epoxy glue
- Use techniques for attaching chains
- Work with synthetic hair
- Work with gold leaf
- Work with metal decorative elements
SKILL LEVEL: Advanced
You'll receive a printable PDF file of the following:
- Step-by-step written instructions for how to decorate the headdress
- Checklist with links to all materials, glues and tools
- Special checklist for remaining glues and tools needed if you have purchased a materials kit (see below for kit options)
DURATION: 5 hours 40 minutes
This class does not cover how to create the headdress base. Learn how to make the base in the Headdress Base Workshop.
These ready-made kits are available to order on Etsy.
If you would like to take a live workshop please go to Anja's Eventbrite page.